Sunday, October 04, 2009

Introducing.....



The other night, after I almost had a kitten at the price that Rigadoon Dolls were fetching, I decided to start googling other alternatives. I stumbled upon a site filled with Muppet style puppets and even a tutorial on how to make my very own... it was then that I decided that I would give making one a go. So the very next morning I went of to spotlight fabric store to gather supplies, came home and started drawing up some patterns... then pulled out the machine to sew... this is the final result.
While he is nameless, not perfect, I think that he will fit in well with the special people that he has been created for. What do you think!?
I would love to hear your thoughts as to a name for this little fellow... I have come up totally blank.
Miranda wants to call him either, Phin, Cody or Zac. Kiera came up with Milo or Miles. Jamie was not a great help at all.. All he had to input into the entire discussion was that he was not a real little boy. He is genderly... well... incorrect! ~L~
In closing, I would like to make known how greatful I am of a wonderful bunch of ladies that I know online at scrapboxx, who have been asking around in hope that they could locate a rigadoon to come and work with me.... and to the wonderful daughter of one of these ladies, who was willing to hand over her very own childhood friend so that she could live her life outside of a box doing good. Such a selfless act... such a beautiful thought.I am convinced though, this little guy will be good enough ... and she will not have to part with her cherished friend.

3 comments:

Miss cath said...

Wow honey... firstly that looks so cool. well done I am so in awe of your sewing talent. I am totally hopeless with material and thread!

As for a name - he just has to be Nigel! As soon as I saw him he reminded me of a guy I went to school with named Nigel. He CANNOT be named anything else (well I will call him Nigel in my head anyway - no matter what you name him) ~L~

Nee said...

Well Sandra I don't have a name for him, but i got to say man u are good he is so cute!

I've never heard of these dolls but I'm sure your one is better.

Renee

Anonymous said...

Nuttydoon..short for Peanutdoon, or buddydoon..for the kids. *laffs* Yes I know Jeff's work very well. We love him.

Dang girl..you have really been busy. Hope you are checking your mail now and then. You have a letter or two.

Love ya, sorry it's been so long since I checked in.

You are going to be wonderful at that job! Congrats!